playing catch up

So here is the short (kind of) version of what’s been going on around here…

-My computer all but died while Jamie was away a few weeks ago. He was super busy with work when he got home and wasn’t able to work on it so it didn’t get taken to the Dr (aka the mac store) until a few days later. At that point they told us that we needed to change out some of the stuff that we had upgraded in it before sending it to the factory since they couldn’t guarantee that it would return with our upgrades (or even be worked on). In one last ditch attempt to get it working Jamie wiped EVERYTHING from it and reinstalled from scratch. So far this seems to be working; however I am not holding my breath. I am actually crossing my fingers for it to die before the beginning of next month- why? Because that is when the warranty is up and if it’s going to really die it needs to it before the 3rd. Say a little prayer for me that it is either completely fine or that it craps out soon, otherwise I am in deep trouble.

-Having no computer has been killer on a few different levels.

1. I haven’t been able to update the blog or edit any of the personal photos that I have been taking. Hopefully soon I can bombard you with a bunch of photos that I have taken throughout the last month- my two little guys are quite adorable these days so I have a few.

2. Since I haven’t been able to edit personal photos I also haven’t been able to edit work photos either. This is no good especially since I am headed out to photograph my 4th family this weekend. I am trying desperately to rectify this and get people their photos ASAP- I have so much to edit and so little time to do it… Don’t get me wrong at all- I LOVE that I have been able to work with some super sweet families of over the last few weeks and I can’t wait to get their stuff to them but man is it a pain do without a reliable computer! By the way, if you all know of any one local who is looking for a photographer- I still have a few spots open and would love to meet some more adorable families!

-Aside from computer troubles and photo editing backlogs my list of to-do list is getting longer before it gets shorter; especially since the holidays are approaching. I really want to tackle some of my holiday/gift projects soon but we have been trying to put the “finishing” touches on a few of the house projects that we have been working on- painting furniture, touching up baseboards, hanging photos that were taken down while we painted etc. It is all really coming together and I love everything that we have done but WOW has it been a lot. Hopefully I can post some “before and after” photos soon :) Along with house projects I have also been working on Halloween costumes (can’t wait for you to see my sweet little boys!) and planning a party for a sweet soon-to-be one year old! Yeow- sounds like a lot doesn’t it??

-Lastly and probably the biggest update we have is that a little over a week ago we made our first trip to the ER. I’ll back up and try to fill you in as best I can without writing a novel. The boys and I had been heading to the park frequently in the afternoons

1. because the weather had been SO beautiful and we didn’t want to be stuck inside and

2. So we didn’t end up killing each other in those few hours between when the boys get up from naps and when Daddy gets home.

We had gone every day for almost a week straight without any issue at all that is until Thursday. Jay was playing on this metal spinny thing that kind of resembles an elevated one person merry-go-round and when he went to get off he slipped and didn’t catch himself. He met the metal base of said spinny thing face first and didn’t really break his fall at all. Needless to say, the spiny thing won and Jay’s face/tooth/lip did not. When he fell he ended up pushing his big left front tooth all of the way up into his top gum and putting his teeth all of the way through his bottom lip. We walked home after the fall (my shirt sleeve was soaked with blood by the time we got home because I didn’t bring anything with me except a phone when we went to the park so I didn’t have anything to hold against it, thank goodness this didn’t really have to time to register with me) and thankfully Jamie got home before we did and met us in the backyard. We took Jay to the emergent care place (we left Charlie with my Mom who had been with us playing at the park) and they told us to head to the ER. After sitting in the ER for close to 5 hours — I am not placing blame just stating how long it took, they were really busy but very nice — we were sent home with an antibiotic to prevent infection and an “appointment” to have stitches put in the next day by a plastic surgeon and an appointment for a dental consult. Thankfully Jamie was able to come with me the next day to the appointment when the stitches were put in and all things considered Jay did an amazing job. I know that it hurt when they were putting the stitches in but Jamie and I had to laugh through it because while he was getting stitched up and crying (obviously) he kept saying “NO, Thank you!! NO thank you!!” over and over again. Guess we are doing something right :) He was super sweet and really well behaved the whole time we were at the ER and the following day when get his stitches put in, all of the nurses and Doctors that we worked with were singing his praises. He had to get 12 stitches put in his lip and got xrays taken to make sure the tooth (his top front tooth got pushed back up into his gum- you can’t see it at all right now) hadn’t caused permanent damage to his adult tooth or nerve. The good news is that they don’t think it hurt the permanent tooth and we are hoping that there is no nerve damage. At this point, we have already gotten the stitches taken out, he still has one more disolvable one that I can see on the inside and we are just waiting for the tooth to come back down on it’s own. I wasn’t ready to see the toothless grin this early in my Mommy career, I thought I had a few more years at least before that, but it just goes to show that nothing about this gig is predictable.

So I think that about covers the big things… we are busy, Jay got hurt but is fine now and my computer died but seems to be working… I will try to be a little more regular with the posts. Enjoy a few photos of my tough little guy and his lip- caution if you have a weak stomach the following might bother you… they are of his stitches and a few phone photos taken while we were in the ER and before he was stitched.

excitement over getting to watch cars 2 while waiting in the ER

the inside of his lip before his stitches

a little quiet time after a very long night and early morning

a few close up of the stitches taken the morning before he got them out

3 thoughts on “playing catch up

  1. Aww – sweet little Jay Bird! What a tough cookie he is! He did so amazing with all his trips to the ER and plastics – and now he has a super sweet little scar to impress all the ladies with :) You are a great mom and doing such a wonderful job documenting your sweet family!!


  2. Y’all are (as Martha ** would say) busier than the high sheriff!! Nothing more frustrating
    than a cranky computer….


  3. That was such a hectic time. Glad it’s behind you all now. Jay’s toothless grin is cute. Only time will tell what happens next with that baby tooth :) We await his next “adventure”!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.