Jay is growing like a bad weed, changing before out eyes and getting cuter by the minute!! Yup you guessed it (or maybe you didn’t- we won’t judge) but last Saturday he turned a whooping two months old!!! It really is hard to believe how much he has grown and changed in these mere two months; although, we do have a few gazillion pictures or so to remind us when we forget…
Jamie and I took Jay to his two month Doctor appointment yesterday. He was checked out from head to toe, weighed, measured and given 3 shots and an “oral” shot. His appointment went really well aside from the shots- I cried, he screamed and Jamie thanked him for calming down as soon as they would let me pick him up (it was exactly what I needed to feel better about the whole thing). Call me a wuss but I absolutely hated watching while they jabbed his adorable chubby legs. The rest of the day he was a little more fussy than normal, his legs were sore so he couldn’t get comfortable (we think) and he ran a very low grade fever. It wasn’t great but it could have been far worse, however, it did confirm that I will officially be a wreck the first time that Jay really gets sick.
Some things of note:
* He is growing like a bad weed!! He measured in at 11lbs 4oz and 23 inches long yesterday- can you say oink, oink!
* He discovered his tongue this month and loves to stick it in and out at whomever will look his way.
* He smiles- frequently! It is melt-your-heart cute when he looks you in the eye and gives you a huge smile.
* He also smiles when he sleeps- it is the cutest most peaceful half smile you will ever see and it makes me wonder what he is dreaming about.
* He found his hands but hasn’t quite found his thumb. He likes to touch/ rub his fingers on my side when he is feeding or when he is in his carrier.
* He stretches for about 2 minutes after he wakes up, all the while making scrunchy faces.
* He is generally sleeping about 5 hours a night. He has really taken to his bedtime routine- of shower, bottle (with breast milk), changing his diaper if needed, putting on PJ’s, then swaddle and a kiss from Mommy and after it he is pretty quickly out like a light.
* He snores, really loudly.
* He farts, also really loudly. Seriously, Jamie could start blaming his on Jay if he wanted too.
* First thing in the morning is one of his happiest times during the day. He will play, talk and smile for a long time after he is finished feeding. This really does make the early mornings more bearable.
* Being outside- all you have to do is walk outside (on a nice sunny day), it never fails to calm him down when he is upset.
* Shower time!! Every night he gets a shower before bed time and practically falls a sleep on Daddy’s lap before they are through.
* Playing Peek-a-Boo. He grins, laughs and coo’s so you’ll do it again.
* Kicking his feet. He loves to play on his play mat and kick his feet vigorously.
* His friend the fan. He loves to look up at it, smile and coo.
* Looking around. He is very curious about his surroundings and loves to take everything in.
* His carrier, Mommy’s arms are thankful for this since he has been packing on the pounds.
* Cuddling. Something Mommy is a huge fan of!
* Driving in the Car (it can be hit or miss), especially when no one is in the back seat with him. He will scream at the top of his lungs and hold his breath effectively stressing Mommy out- I have even pulled over and tried to calm him a few times.
* Being hungry- he will scream like we are torturing him if he gets hungry or we take the bottle away to burp him.
* Wet diapers- we no longer need the blue wet indicator on the diapers because he will let us know when he is wet.
* Tummy Time- currently he hates being put on his stomach unless he is lying on someone. We are supposed to give him tummy-time daily, this is not a fun time.
Photo Date: February 11, 2010
Jay is 15 days old
Photo Location: Home
Once a week, we have lunch with my Grandpa. He picks up firehouse subs and brings them over. It is a day that we look forward to each week. When his work allows, my cousin Michael joins us.
A few weekends ago Jamie and I took Jay outside to wait for friends to come over; this child LOVES the outdoors and is pretty much always happy when we go outside. While we were out there we ended up taking some pictures, it was completely unplanned but they turned out great. I didn’t realize until looking at the photos afterwards that we were color coordinated; we were all in nice shades of blue and red (really, I swear it wasn’t planned). By the way, I love the outfit that Jay is wearing; it was given to us by my Auntie Deb and Grandma who purchased it from my favorite shop in Canada, Roots.
These are some of my favorite pictures that we have taken to date (although I have a lot of favorites) so please excuse the obnoxious amount of pictures that I am going to post :-)
This lovely lady has a birthday today, and this is definitely something that should not go unnoticed!
However I will have to apologize for the terribly old picture… It sad but it’s true that I have not seen this dear person in person (ha) since my wedding day- insert humungo sad face here!! Maybe I can guilt her into make a trip south…
Maybe this face will help…
This one could too…
Hope you have a wonderful birthday Anzie, miss you and love you tons!!! Please come visit, pretty please…
Over the weekend both of Jamie’s sisters were in town. Nicole flew in from Asheville and Holly drove down from Tallahassee; Jay really enjoyed both of his Aunts being in town and great to have them both here. This trip was the first time for Jay to meet his Aunt Nicole and I think that they were pretty smitten with each other, check out the pictures below. We celebrated birthdays, played games and just really enjoyed everyone being around while they were here- cannot wait until they can come back!!
Photo Date: February 2, 2010
Jay is 6 days old
Photo Location: Home
Before Jay was born, I asked my dad if he would be Jay’s Pépère. Growing up, I had a Pépère and wanted my son to have the same. For those unaware, Pépère is the French word for Grandpa
Since my mom wants to be Mimi, my Mémère will remain simply Mémère. We won’t use the French term for Great Grandma
Reason 101 why I love being a baby wearer:
We are concerned…
that you may not feel as lucky as we do this St. Patrick’s Day…
Especially since Jamie and I feel like we struck gold with this little guy!!
Happy Boy in his Happy Place! Jay has taken a liking to the changing pad in his bedroom. Without fail the moment he is placed there he starts looking around, cooing and smiling- it’s great and I love it! I am not sure if it is because he gets cleaned up every time he is placed there, if it’s the bright window that he can see from the changing pad or the dark fan on the ceiling (all of which he really likes right now) but it’s kind of like magic- place screaming child here and happy boy will be returned :-)